The World Cocoa Foundation promotes a sustainable cocoa economy through economic and social development and environmental stewardship in cocoa-growing communities.
We are dedicated to a shared future with shared benefits throughout the cocoa supply chain by:
- Ensuring a sustainable supply of quality cocoa that benefits both growers and users.
- Empowering farmers to make choices that help develop strong, prosperous cocoa communities.
- Promoting sustainable production practices that maintain and increase biodiversity and crop diversification.
We combine local and global operations to achieve our goals by:
- Building partnerships with cocoa farmers, origin governments and environmental organizations.
- Working with international donors to support effective programs.
- Supporting and applying demand-led research that improves crop yield and quality.
- Supporting training and education that improves well-being of cocoa farming families.
While not a certifying body, we recognize that our sustainability principles and goals have much in common with those of transaction-oriented product certification systems.